Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Match Report Sunday 8.11.09 (CUP MATCH)

Go down

Match Report Sunday 8.11.09  (CUP MATCH) Empty Match Report Sunday 8.11.09 (CUP MATCH)

Post  Neil Silson Mon Nov 09, 2009 1:34 pm

Rothwell B 2 v 3 Wyke B

Guys sorry for the delays with the match reports I still have all my notes but not the time. I’ll do my best to keep up.

Well today Wyke Wander’s U9-B’s traveled to Rothwell Juniors for a first round cup encounter. The Team arrived in Wakefield full of confidence and it seems an age now since the guys had been beaten so the mood was understandable.

I think I remember Rothwell playing at the Dewsbury Rangers open day in summer and they looked a really good side. This going to be tough one. The game started with both sides equal for the first few minutes right up to 5 minutes in when Ibby received a midfield pass and hit the target to take Wyke into an early lead for 1-0.Wyke were playing a really good passing game by now with every player using what they had learned from their Tuesday night rainy, training sessions.

With 8 minutes on the clock and Wyke still holding the lead, Rothewell pushed hard into the Wyke defence this caused a communication mix up at the back and resulted in Rothwells front man running in towards the net. Ben stayed big, but was rounded by the player and this brought it back level 1-1.

This seemed to galvanize Wyke and the passing continued, cutting Rothwell open time and again. One such move finished by Ibby on his own running towards the Rothewell goal only to be brought down outside the area for a free kick. Luke looked at the team the team looked at Luke he knew he had to have a go.Rothwell put up the wall Luke looked up to pick a spot, he hit the ball and just as Ronaldo did for Manchester United Luke did it for Wyke rifle of a shot the wall didn’t move neither did the Rothwell Keeper it was 2-1.

Not content to sit on the lead Wyke kept on streaming forward this time with Nathan coming close on 15 minutes just hitting the side netting. More pressure on Rothwell this forced a corner to Wanders. Neil (Manager) had asked the Wyke defence to push up directing Tom into the penalty area.Waiting for the corner, Tom found a little space in the area to receive the ball on his left foot, he switched the ball to his shooting foot and let one go, the Rothwell keeper didn’t move I think he saw it late through the crowd of players 3-1 .At this stage it was noted on the touchline that Ibby’s passing was great, Kyan was doing is bit working the Midfield with Luke and Nathan whilst Tom and Lewis in defence had given nothing away. Half time approached Wyke the better side 3-1.

The ref gave the teams a few minutes and the second half was underway. This was a battle of team talks as Rothwell seemed to come out with a mission and they started to apply the early pressure. It was Rothwells turn to force a corner and just as Wyke had done in the first half scored their second with a shot through the crowd beating Ben to his right hand side. 3-2.Wyke just needed to dig in to hold out. They didn’t disappoint Rothwells management were making changes throwing everything at Wyke.
Wanders held on and took the victory 3-2 through to the next Cup Draw.

Man of the Match this week was Nathan and well done to the whole team onwards and upwards.

Neil Silson

Back to top Go down